The Certified European Financial Analyst Diploma (CEFA) is the gold standard for the investment profession. Established in 1991, it has become one of the most respected and recognized international credentials among financial industry professionals in Europe and beyond. Accredited in 13 European countries, Argentina, Brazil, and Peru the CEFA title holds significant value in the financial market.
The CEFA programme offers a globally recognized and respected qualification that equips investment professionals with the skills and knowledge to excel in the financial industry. With its comprehensive coverage, ethical emphasis, and flexibility, CEFA stands as the leading choice for professionals seeking career advancement recognition in this dynamic industry.
- The CEFA programme evaluates a comprehensive set of banking and financial skills essential for financial analysis, advisory, investment work, and portfolio management.
- Compliant with regulatory requirements set by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) for investment advisors in financial institutions.
- Equivalent to a master’s degree, pitched at level 7 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- Quality control ensured by the EFFAS Review Panel, an independent, high-level academic body.
- Globally recognized and respected qualification with over 16,500 holders.
- Tailored training covering European regulatory aspects and market structure.
- Flexible 100% online self-study with online examinations.
- Extensive coverage of ethical standards and responsible investing (ESG).
Who is the Certified European Financial Analyst (CEFA) programme for?
The CEFA programme is ideal for investment professionals seeking to enhance their skills in advanced investment analysis, portfolio management, ethical standards, and decision-making. It can also benefit auditors, consultants, analysts, and financial planners committed to ethical investing and responsible financial practices. Applicants need to prove they hold a degree level or higher qualification, preferably in finance or a related area to be awarded the CEFA certification.
The CEFA program aims to provide a comprehensive and rigorous training focusing on the following key objectives:
- Advanced Financial Analysis: Equip participants with advanced financial analysis skills, enabling them to analyze complex financial data and make informed investment decisions.
- Portfolio Management Excellence: Develop expertise in portfolio management techniques, allowing professionals to create and manage diversified investment portfolios effectively.
- Ethical Leadership: Foster a strong sense of ethical standards and responsible investing principles, fostering a commitment to ethical financial practices throughout their careers.
- Enhanced Decision-Making: Cultivate critical decision-making abilities, empowering graduates to navigate the challenges and uncertainties of the financial industry with confidence.
The CEFA programme is structured in the following nine areas:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Equity Valuation and Analysis
- Derivative Valuation and Analysis
- Fixed Income Valuation and Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- European Regulation and Ethics
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Candidates eligible to take the CEFA Common Exam are those registered to any of our accredited local programmes or enrolled to the e-CEFA programme.
The CEFA Common Exam has a four-block structure with an overall duration of 12.5 hours.
|Content / Topics
|Common Exam 1
|Common Exam 2
|Financial accounting and statement analysis
|Common Exam 3
|Equity valuation and analysis
|Common Exam 4
|Fixed income valuation and analysis
|Derivative valuation and analysis